The government’s Stabilisation Unit has moved to the central gov.uk website as of today. The SU is a tri-departmental operational agency as part of the Department for International Development, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the Ministry of Defence that supports governmental efforts to tackle instability overseas.
The move to gov.uk is “part of the digital transformation of government, led by the Government Digital Service… making public service simpler and more readily available to the public” according to a government statement.
The updated site will provide information to the public in an accessible and tailored format detailing:
- the nature and objectives of the SU
- current news
- job opportunities
- links to any new publications
- how to join the Civilian Stabilisation Group
In addition, the SU gov.uk website will produce high volumes specialist content to be published outside of the confines of governmental intranet systems, but not necessarily aimed at the general public.
Furthermore, the Stabilisation Unit will maintain a separate web platform with content aimed at stabilisation practitioners. This site will contain:
- a log-in protected portal for members of the Civilian Stabilisation Group
- publications aimed at stabilisation practitioners and government colleagues
- summaries of stabilisation seminars delivered to practitioners and colleagues
Any past content from the outdated website that was not taken to either of the two new platforms will still be accessible via the National Archives.